Happy fathers day

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom

Reaction score
picture.php

Happy father's day to you as well.
Mine has started out very good so far.
My father passed away twenty years ago and requested that we spread his ashes in a spot in the woods that was very special to him.
He loved the woods and either Jim Beam, or Early Times whiskey.
This morning my younger brother and I walked back to that spot right at daylight.
By 6:45 am we shared a drink with him of some of my own I've cooked.
I think he would have smiled.

Mine not so good! My daughter had a party last night with a whole bunch of girls sleeping over. One of those girls decided to sneak up on my dog at around 1:30 in the morning and cuddle up with him in the living room as I guess she couldnt sleep an spooked the dog which bit her in the face just enough to leave marks and just barely break the skin. We called her mom and they are not making a police report or anything as of yet but now I have to think about what to do with the dog! :(

Mine not so good! My daughter had a party last night with a whole bunch of girls sleeping over. One of those girls decided to sneak up on my dog at around 1:30 in the morning and cuddle up with him in the living room as I guess she couldnt sleep an spooked the dog which bit her in the face just enough to leave marks and just barely break the skin. We called her mom and they are not making a police report or anything as of yet but now I have to think about what to do with the dog! :(

If this is not a normally snappy dog it's hard to blame him. His house, stranger sneaking up on him.

We had the same type thing happen when I was a kid. My sister and her friend were coming thru the front door, my sister messing around pushed her friend through the door. Our great dane / german shepard mix who was always a very passive dog snapped at her and gave her a good old facial puncture. Same thing.....her parents were understanding of it. The dog remained a faithful and peaceful dog for the rest of his life.

That said, if there is a history of this then you have to consider future liability.

Hope the remainder of your Father's Day is better.

He has snapped once before at my son who was really pestering him at the moment. Neither times were really his fault but 2 times and both broke the skin scares the bejeasous out of me and hes getting older to the point where he is starting to get arthritic and may get snappy due to being in pain. I would really hate to do this as I absolutely love my and all animals but dont want to loose my house and all belongings due to a future law suit.

Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's.

Wade, sometimes you need to adjust to changing times. I think you are right, the dog is getting older but apparently it has been a good for to have kept it this long. Can you cage the dog when you have company?

Yes and we usually do but they were all asleep except for this girl and my wife was 1/2 a sleep and wasnt thinking. He has always been a little bit snippy.

Well I truly hate it when someone says they might have to get rid of their pet but you are right you can not lose everything because of a dog.

gr8 looking dog.

1/2 rottweiler/ 1/2 Husky.
Thor2-1.jpg

wow --thats a gr8 looking dog. i hope that you keep it. if not try and find a freind that you know that can keep him for you.that way the dogs still in your life.i have a dog thats 15 yrs old and he gets grumpy --i can see why at his age he prob hurts a lot just as i do.

Hopefully everything will smooth over, I dont want to get rid of him but Ill sure have to keep him separated much much more.

hope every father has a gr8 day mine was spent alone, as both my sons are in fla to see there mom for the summer.

Bud :se

That's a bummer, Wade. My brother has a rescued dog that's great with his family but won't tolerate male visitors. It can sure make things difficult.

I went horseback riding yesterday for the first time. It was a lot of fun, although my horse seemed to be out of alignment. She kept pulling to the right.

Latest posts

Back