Happy Easter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Vino

Reaction score
I'll be traveling this weekend and not be online so....

To all the folks that come here and help me make better wine I wish to extend Happy Easter wishes to you and your families.

Thanks for all your help, you truely have made this hobby enjoyable.

Mike

Happy Easter to you to Michael and everyone else! My daughter has a
sleep over tonight at our house with three of her friends and we just
boiled 30 eggs for nthem to color and then Ill hide them tonight
for them to find tommorrow morning if the dog doesnt find them and eat
them all.

Happy Easter to you, as well. Our teenage daughters are past that stage, so I am looking forward to a nice quiet weekend.

Funny George, I can't remember a quiet weekend when my two Daughters were teenagers.
smiley36.gif
I'm having them over on Easter, along with the Grandkids. Happy Easter Everyone
Dave

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE....

Around here you can hide your Easter eggs in the snow this year....been a long time since we had snow on Easter...

This is kind of sick...Got it as an Easter Greeting.....but here ya go anyway.....Think I have cabin fever....

pic22154Small.jpg
Edited by: Northern Winos

wade said:
if the dog doesnt find them and eat them all.

I hear in your neck of the woods you can hire skunks as guards...
smiley36.gif

Happy Easter Everyone!
20070406_170919_LL_EggTree_Happ.gif

Happy Easter to all. I'd love to hear what everyone is making and what wine you're planning to pair it with.

We'remaking a 10lb smoked ham, candy yams with baked marshmellow topping (er..for the kids...ya right), buttered carrots, and this thing my wife makes with cranberry sauce, apple sauce, and chunks of canned pineapple all mixed together. On the wine side, since all of our homemades are far too young, we'll be getting some off-the-shelf bottles of pinot noir, chianti, and perhaps a bottle or two of red zin.

The fesitivites start right after Sunday services with mimosa's. Can't wait!!

As my lovely wife says, I get carried away with the food and fun, but let's keep in mind what this holiday is truly about. May He bless you all.

GrapeApe.

NW,

Beautiful Lab, but it looks like you need to lower your caliber a little or have another lesson for the pup on retrieving.
smiley2.gif
By the sparkle in his / her eyes, looks like he / she had fun.

GrapeApe

NW, many years ago my parents dog (Husky) killed and ate a neighbors
turkey at about 4:30 in the morning. My father used to deliver pies to
restaraunts and thats why the dog was out so early. It was going to be
their dinner evidently.

Jobe that is an awesome easter egg tree!

GrapeApe, We are having a big smoked ham also at my house with candied
sweet potatoes peas with pearl onions, mashed potatoes, dinner rolls
(wish they were Waldo's rolls), a relish tray full of assorted stuff
like roasted peppers and etc. As far as wine goes I finally have plenty
to serve but dont really know what goes good with ham!

I guess I have it all wrong. I am trying to decide what will go with my SuperTuscan and Trio Blanca.

George, you are a class act, from tip to toe. I'm rolling over here. Well said, my friend. Well said. Thanks for providing inspiration for those of us that have it backwards.
GrapeApe.

George, Why are you posting on here when it's your Birthday?

I know you like us and all, and feel this is your duty to intertain us...... But would ou rather be out to dinner with your lovely young bride.......... RELAXING! Taking your mind off things? Now GO!, just behave and be home by 1: am.

We were suppose to have a picnic Pot-Luck with the neighbors...with this cold weather it's going to be Plan B....?

It will be fun no mater where we gather...we bring the wine... fruit wines....as well I have to do salads and pies...one is bringing hore d'oeuvres, shrimp, crab dip, etc , one is doing ham and au gratin potatoes...one guy is doing beer-can chickens and wild rice dish...and so forth...always fun when all us dis'fun'ctionals get together.

I have a busy Easter planned: Sunrise service at 6:00 follow by a nice breakfast. Then I will come home to get the rest of the gang and go back for Bible study and normal Sunday service. This week is special since Deb and I are bothtaking the plunge (literally) and getting baptized.A quickEaster egg hunt after church then it's off to the outlaws for dinner (ham and allthe fix en's I think). I will have to check the cellar and see what I can find that is special to bring with us.

Edited by: masta

Happy Easter to all

WE have 6 kids all grown and married so they will bring their spouses and kids and grandkids .

Wife and I are cooking a big pork roast and a big ham , Kids are bringing the trimmings . Now for the wine i have a bottle of Marigold and a bottle of Persimmon in the frig . in my garage ,But they will want to try some others also so i havee plenty to drink.

I told the gran kids we were going to have fried rabbit LMAO

Harry

Happy Easter to All,

I think we have a spell of NW and AAA's weather here now. Only in the 50s today and going into the 30's tonight.

Today I'm having a Pinot Grigio Bottling Party. I've made a tray of several kinds of olives, bruschetta with grilled italian bread, various nuts, cheeses and apples and slices of chicken kiev to munch while we are bottling....and drinking!!

Tomorrow we have a crawfish boil planned, kind of unorthodox for an Easter dinner but we did it last year and had a great time.

Masta, I remember being baptized at Easter...a very special day for you and your Deb.

<CENTER>
kffence.gif
</CENTER>
<CENTER>Ramona</CENTER>
<CENTER></CENTER>

Latest posts

Back