• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Handmade Wine Carrying Crates/Rack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

123winebox

Junior
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been enjoying making my own wine at wine making shops for years now. After getting tired of my cardboard wine boxes falling apart I decided to design and build my own wooden crates that can be used to safely carry heavy wine bottles to and from the store and then stack on their sides to form a type of modular wine rack once the wine is home and ready to store. I thought this crate could be useful for other wine makers so I am posting some photos and a link to my Etsy website where I have begun to sell them: 123Innovators on Etsy.

The boxes are made of birch hardwood plywood and the bottom is inset into the sides so that they are extremely sturdy and will last for years. I make them in 3 different stains: light, medium, and dark and in different sizes as well: 2, 4, 6, and 12 bottles. The price may seem a bit high but they take hours to make and I use high quality wood and screws.

If you have any questions or would like to see more photos please feel free to contact me.

Thank you and best of luck with your wine making :)

Attachments

• DSC03746 (2).JPG
    DSC03746 (2).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
  • DSC03763 (2).JPG
    DSC03763 (2).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
  • DSC03769 (2).JPG
    DSC03769 (2).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • DSC03780 (2).JPG
    DSC03780 (2).JPG