halp!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decrius

Junior
Reaction score
Can i use superkleer on a batch twice? its been about 3 weeks after the first use. thanks

also I just bottled my first wine, :) a gallon of Chardonnay, and a gallon of grapefruit, which came out excellent, ( i snuck a glass) now I must wait until they age! haha

Ummm, can you expalin why you need to? If it didnt clear the 2st time using this stuff then yiou probably dont have the wine warm enough to degass properly. If the old fining agent is still in there then get this batch up to a temp of about 76* and degas your wine good and doing that will stir the old batch of SuperKleer back into suspension and Im wiling to bet this time it will clear fine . If youve already racked off the other Ill still advice you to get temp up and degas 1st.

What kind of wine are we talking about here? The only time superkleer hasn't worked for me was on a fruit wine I forgot to add pectic enzyme to at the beginning. Once the superkleer failed to "clear" the wine for me I realized my mistake and added the proper dose of pectic enzyme to it. The wine cleared just fine after that for me.

Back