Hail Dionysus

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello from the Chehalem mountains of the Willamette Valley. I own a small winery and 4 acres of Pinot Noir grapes. The clones are Dijon 113, 115, and UCD 29. Given our small production, (~300-1,000 cs/yr) and only having a couple people who harvest, we try to make as many types of wine as we can with what we have starting with rose, sparkling if conditions are right, proceeding to red wine and then port.The vineyard was planted in '98 by my dad. I started working in the vineyard when I was 13 or 14 and it gradually became my life's work. My dad passed away a little over a year ago leaving me the land and the business. My dad never really taught me the technical minutiae of winemaking or chemistry, though I understand all the basic concepts. I am lucky to have more knowledgeable friends in the industry who help me out with lab work. It has been difficult being the only manual laborer for both a very densely spaced and low to the ground vineyard as well as a winery. I go to school during the off-season to gradually chip away at a viticulture and enology degree. My wife takes care of all the paperwork and tastings. I am currently doing my best to educate myself on the finer points of the trade while maintaining the vineyard. Thanks in advance for the help that I hope I will find here.

Hail Dionysus

Welcome.
I live at the southern end of the valley.
Id love to visit.
What is your winery/vinyard called?

Welcome,
Pleased to meet you! Your winery sounds awesome!
I think it would be cool to have a small winery that makes specialty wines that one doesn't often find elsewhere!
Cheers
:b.

Back