guess what i learned today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrygirl

Reaction score
btw, didn't know for sure where to post this, lol
i tried two wines today for comparison...one new and one i had tried in the past...the first i learned was "fruit forward" but tended to be acidic at the end. the other was more "balanced", it wasn't very fruity but was much smoother on the end...it was hard to decide which i liked best, lol

i tend to like the balanced better....all the ones acidic on the end tend to jack hard core with my reflux!!! D'OH!

i noticed the reflux, too, lol...the other thing i've noticed is the differences with food! i couldn't believe how different a wine could taste with my pasta vs. the bread roll...my hubby thought i was silly until i made him try...he sees and believes!

I can bend either way. I like a nice acidic wine withtangy or spicey food like Tai boy balanced win e with food like simple baked chicken or stuff like that. Yes the wine can enhance the food and vice versa.

I here you about the food thing last night we started with a bottle of Liebfraumilch with some homemade dips that were cream cheese & sour cream based french onion and a herb & garlic was pretty good but then we had a bottle of PInot Grigio . I must say I love liebfraumilch but the pinot with those flavours was really a better match . I really like the pinot grigio with spaghetti type dishes also , I thought it the tomato part of it but now I'm thinking it was garlic since we always have garlic bread with it . Ok now I want to make spaghetti for supper & it's to nice a day to be cooked that lol .

Latest posts

Back