Grocery store juice wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks masta, I'm getting ready to pitch now, the vinator sure made sanitizing bottles easy!

Let us know how it works out...having the right tools makes all the tasks so much easier.

after reading some more and having no bubbles in the airlock after 15
minutes I decided to boil 4lbs. of sugar in 3 qts. of water and cool it
off and add to the juice with some nutrients, giving me SG 1.090 with a
PA of 12% this should give me more stability after bottling.

The reason I do welches is because I wanted to start another batch right away, (this is a problem I have, I'm sure none of you are aflicted with this), anyway Walmart is a lot closer than the wine store and I plan to get my next kit from geo anyway, with gas at 2 per gal and his price $7 less and no tax and free labels IT'S A NO BRAINER!! but my wildberry shiraz needs to start tasting as good as boonesfarm, I don't have much of a sense of taste though, so after it sits a while I'll give some away and see what others think.

ooppp's the welches is blowing it's purple nose out the airlock!! well I guess it's fermenting OK
smiley17.gif

My problem was I started with 5 1/2 gallons welches juice and then added a gallon of suger water to bring up the PA to 12% that gave me 6 1/2 gal. in a 7 1/2 gal primary. A little too close I guess.
smiley19.gif

Stinkie, do you mean the must is pure concentrated juice without any water added, or just unconcentrated juice? And yes, abv needs to be at least 10% to be somewhat self-preserving.

my first welches is 1/2 bottled juice (not concentrate) and 1/2 water, this batch is strait bottled juice (not concentrate) after reading here I felt strait juice would be OK and maybe the recipe used 1/2 water to save money, the half and half batch is more of a rose than red wine. I don't put any campden in till the end of my secondary when I stablize and fine, since the juice should be steril and I boil the sugar water and cool before adding, does this sound OK?

Yes, sounds great to me. Should be better wine. Try sweetening the rose one up more and leaving the full bodied one not quite as sweet. You need to start training your palate, grasshopper.

smiley4.gif

Well, I can't help it, between that show and wrestling on saturday mornings as a kid, my 3 brothers and I used to pretty much try to kill each other.

racked my strait juice welches concord varietal into the secondary today, it was 1.000 SG, tomorrow, if it snows like they say so I don't have to collect sap (my back needs the rest..lol) I'm going to rack my half welches, half water, 1qt pear into a 23lt carboy, it has been stablized and fined a few weeks ago, then clean that carboy and rack my kit 6 gal Sauvignon Blanc Bolero (Spagnols) California style 23lt anseptic kit, it has been stablized and fined 3 weeks ago.

I've been bad with pictures, money is no problem, but sometimes TIME is at a primium and syrup time is one of those!

Time is way high a premium here. I run just fine on regular time, just can't find the right pump station I reckon.

smiley5.gif

I went upstairs and got a bottle of welches wine my son made last
winter (6 months ago) it has aged into a fine rose wine the high
alcohol content has my mind spinning now. lalalalala...bye

went to the brewing store today, got some superkleer to use in my welches, is there a reason not to fine with this?

I have used it a few times and it works very well...go for it and follow the instructions carefully!

Latest posts

Back