Mosti Mondiale "Grigionay" bubbles that won't die!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David,

Mosti has offered the following comments:

Sounds like the wine is in malo lactic fermentation. A little extra dose of SO2 up to 130ppm will kill the bacteria.

The only other cause could be vinegar bacteria. The only way to tell is to send us a sample an we can check for volatile and malic acids.

Mosti's address is on their web site if you want to sent in a sample. Be sure to include your notes, reference this post and send it to Nino Piazza's attention.

I checked my records and this wine kit was purchased in 2007. Five years is a long time for a white wine kit, even an AllJuice. As a general rule, I suggest that all wine kits be consumed with 5 years, smaller kits sooner.

Thanks, George! The fact it doesn't taste bad might mean that it is an MLF, rather than vinegar. We'll see...

Also George indicated that kit wines were not good candidates for long-term, "bulk" storage. Likely the issue of checking it over time allowed "something" to be introduced.

Thanks to all who gave me good ideas and suggestions -- this is a learning process for me, and I enjoy the knowledge, however it comes!

Merry Christmas, All!

Back