Greg

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg

Junior
Reaction score
i've done a 1 gal. batch of strawberry breeze,it turned out ok.Alittle sweet for me. my wife loved it.done a 1 gal. batch of concord grape,turned out great ,very delicous.I now have on 3 gal of peach from fresh peaches this summer and some rasberry,white grape.1 gal.also a 1 gal. batch of rasberry- apple.and some pineapple orange- 1 gal . soon to put on 3 gal. of red grape

concentrates

yes these are from concentrate,all but the peach.It's from fresh fruit.

How is the peach?
I don't use kits or concentrates so I'm always interested in how the fresh fruit wines do.

Greg, I have made quita a few wines with frozen concentrates. I particularly like DOLE brand. My very first wine was a Pineapple Orange Mango made with the DOLE brand, actually want to do it again now that I am a bit more knowledgable.

Just make sure it is 100% juice. Juice "cocktail" just aint gonna do it.

peach isn't easy. we have done it 3 times. it's hard to clear and the acid is usually pretty high. this last batch was great though. the first was too high in acid (used to use pH strips). the second was ok, but nothing impressive.

peach

the peach is doing great.it's very dry,but i used champane yeast,and let it ferment all the way.so ill sweeten it when its time.i've racked it into 3 1 gal jugs and its very clear.its been out of the bucket for three months.been racked three times and i;m going to make i gal. off dry and one semi sweet and one sweeet for momma

Latest posts

Back