Greetings Wine Making Enthusiasts

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skibum Ben

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New guy here with three kits under my belt so far.

I lived in Italy for a year a few years back and got hooked on good quality (yet inexpensive) wine. Used to go to the local store where they filled up your empty wine bottles from a tap and charged you 2-3 euro. Would get 4-5 bottles a week.

Having moved back to the states I missed this, and having home-brewed for quite a few years, thought I would take the jump into making wine, primarily to have inexpensive, yet great tasting house/table wine.

My first two WE kits I kegged since they were 4 week kits and I was very happy with the taste. My third kit was a WE Nebbiolo that is sitting in a carboy now aging a little. I may actually bottle this one since it seems it could do well with some age.

Next up is Cellar Craft Amarone. This is going to be a big test for me and am looking forward to it. This site has been invaluable in helping me formulate my plan of attack. Will do an EM on that kit.

Also planning a Sangiovese, similar to what joeswine did. Then I will need to do a Zin or Pinot Noir for a house wine again here real soon.

Cheers and look forward to being a part of this great community!

Latest posts

Back