Greetings from this side of the internet

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently sitting by the pool, in a pile of boxes- we are beginning to prepare to move in August, so my free time is currently being spent on house projects (painting, fixes, small things inside before the weather warms to do more outside).

Once we move, that will change.

In the interim, I have been devouring books so that I can begin the process of learning what I do not know.

That is a possibility. I will look into it.

<Does a quick search for skeeter pee>

I really detest moving, yet my wife and I seem to move every 3 years (or less) since we have been married. Hopefully this will be the last time until retirement (still a couple decades away). We needed a place better suited for us to take care of an aging family member, our kiddos, plus move closer to her sister.

At least the new place will allow me to build a shop/winery and have ample room for some cold hardy hybrid vines.

Welcome to WMT!

Do you have any idea what you want to make? If not, no biggie, you have plenty to time to figure it out. "Everything" is a reasonable answer. ;)

Look at the Beginners forum -- scan the first few pages, reading threads that sound interesting. You'll pick up a lot of information that way. Once you're ready to make wine -- ask questions first. It's easier to set you on a good path than it is to fix a problem.

Welcome to WMT!

Do you have any idea what you want to make? If not, no biggie, you have plenty to time to figure it out. "Everything" is a reasonable answer. ;)

My intention is to eventually work primarily (but not exclusively) with what we can grow at our new place. This will be apple, pear, and cold hardy hybrids.

I intend to spend the years prior to when we can produce our own fruit in beginning to learn the processes with purchased fruit. I have a small, but growing "to try" list.

Preferred styles depend highly on the season, but oddly almost reversed. I prefer a light, crisp beverage (was enjoying a very light sonoriso last night) when it is snowing outside, but a hearty dry wine with steak off the grill.

Back