Greetings from the Netherlands

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Mellor

Junior
Reaction score
Good day to you all:)

I've just started wine making after many years of not wine making. I used to make it (from cheap kits) more than 30 years ago (wasn't very good though).

Now I have (limited) time and to be honest, a little more resource and a better sense of taste...

I've taken up the hobby again.

At the moment I have Celery, Jasmine Tea, Strawberry and Clove/Ginger on the go. All the recipes came from CJJ Berry's book which I do find most useful.

Hoping to take advice and learn from everyone on here.

Thank you

Chris

What part of The Netherlands are you from?

Hoi ;)

I'm actually a Brit settled here many years ago. I live around Den Haag.

Arkansas is more than a little different than NL:)

NL is great but it doesn't have much of a home brew tradition - we have a few stores but the tend to be out of the area.

Oh yes, I remember having to order all my brewing stuff online because the nearest brew store was about an hour and a half away.
Arkansas sure is a lot different than NL, definitely had to get used to that haha.
I used to live on the island of Texel so I very much miss being able to go to the beach.

Are you planning on making any wines from grapes? or just sticking with fruits for now?

Oh yes, I remember having to order all my brewing stuff online because the nearest brew store was about an hour and a half away.
Arkansas sure is a lot different than NL, definitely had to get used to that haha.
I used to live on the island of Texel so I very much miss being able to go to the beach.

Are you planning on making any wines from grapes? or just sticking with fruits for now?

haha - Texel - yup - it's about 90 mins to Almere. Better to mail order. Saves the pain of Almere ;)

We love Texel - have a house near Ecomare. Never go during summer - way too many tourists.

So wines - I'm only doing Fruit wines. Haagse Markt has quite a good selection - and I'm still very new to all this - so finding out a lot about space and how to move things around (you know how big our houses aren't).

I have to say though that the Jasmine Tea wine that I have on the go is pretty amazing stuff. I'm looking forwards to when that is cleared and aged a bit. Will probably make some more in meantime...

Cherry and Strawberry again soon for sure and also maybe Anise...

It's coming for holiday season - so - best leave things so they can be left alone before starting stuff up I think:)

Latest posts

Back