Greetings from the mid-South!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmc1590

Junior
Reaction score
Hello and greetings!

Thought I should take a moment to say "Hi." Fairly new to wine making, and I'm sure that this forum will be of major benefit in the upcoming weeks.

1st Kit in the primary now. (RJ RQ Muller-Thurgau)

James

Welcome James! :b
We are all waiting for nay questions you may have.

Hello James and welcome to the forum.

Good to have some new faces this morning!

quick questions.. why did you choose that particular kit? What will you choose next? Have you picked a spot for your cellar yet?

hehehehhe

Allie

The choice of the kit was twofold. First, my wife is a fan of sweet wines, with Reisling near the top of her list. Second, the homebrew shop I visited made me an offer I couldn't refuse. They had two of the RQ kits that were approaching the end of their shelf life. 50% off is hard to turn down!

As far as cellar location goes, we have a small utility room in the lower level of a split level. Sized about 6 x 10. Temp remains between 60 - 70 year round. Once I remove all of my tools from it, I think it will do fine. (Any good recommendations for wine racks?)

As far as the next style of kit, I'm up in the air between the Aus. Meritage and the Super Tuscan kits. Both lean towards my preferances (dry, bold, reds).

James

Sounds like you are well on your way to being obsessed!

Runningwolf posted pics of his ( and his mates) cellar here.

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5157

if you click on the 'all albums' option on the brown highlighted toolbar above, You'll find quite a few members have posted pics of their cellars.. it may give you a few ideas for your own.

Allie:d

Cheap Wine Racks

The choice of the kit was twofold. First, my wife is a fan of sweet wines, with Reisling near the top of her list. Second, the homebrew shop I visited made me an offer I couldn't refuse. They had two of the RQ kits that were approaching the end of their shelf life. 50% off is hard to turn down!

As far as cellar location goes, we have a small utility room in the lower level of a split level. Sized about 6 x 10. Temp remains between 60 - 70 year round. Once I remove all of my tools from it, I think it will do fine. (Any good recommendations for wine racks?)

As far as the next style of kit, I'm up in the air between the Aus. Meritage and the Super Tuscan kits. Both lean towards my preferances (dry, bold, reds).

James

Howdy and Welcome James...
Don't laugh... I use those heavy duty milk crates turned on their sides for my wine racks until I can get motivated to get some "high-class" racks. They work great for temporary racks.
HB

James,

Hello and welcome!
Where in the mid-South do you live? You can add your location to your profile and it will show up on the left of your post under your name.

Good luck with your M-T.

Fred

Latest posts

Back