Greetings from the Mid-Atlantic

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glidewaves

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Checking in from Maryland. I've been working in the fine wine wholesale/import level for over 30 years and started making my own wines 2 years ago. I've crushed very local Seyval, Dechaux and Baco, kind of local VA Albarino (which I have really enjoyed), CA Zinfandel, Barbera, Dolcetto and Montepulciano and Southern Hemisphere Syrah from Chile and S. African Cabernet. I use Gino Pinto for the non-local fruit and so far have been very pleased. I use the Blichman Wine-easy for the most part and a hand crank stemmer crusher I picked up off Craigslist for $175. I make around 50-75 gallons a year. Soon to be moving my operation to the Jersey Shore. While I'm interested in all wines I have a preference for Italians and recently started experimenting with Hungarian Oak for those red varieties. I've been reading entries here for many months and think it's a really helpful and friendly forum. Glad to be here. Patrick

Checking in from Maryland. I've been working in the fine wine wholesale/import level for over 30 years and started making my own wines 2 years ago. I've crushed very local Seyval, Dechaux and Baco, kind of local VA Albarino (which I have really enjoyed), CA Zinfandel, Barbera, Dolcetto and Montepulciano and Southern Hemisphere Syrah from Chile and S. African Cabernet. I use Gino Pinto for the non-local fruit and so far have been very pleased. I use the Blichman Wine-easy for the most part and a hand crank stemmer crusher I picked up off Craigslist for $175. I make around 50-75 gallons a year. Soon to be moving my operation to the Jersey Shore. While I'm interested in all wines I have a preference for Italians and recently started experimenting with Hungarian Oak for those red varieties. I've been reading entries here for many months and think it's a really helpful and friendly forum. Glad to be here. Patrick
Welcome to WMT!!

Welcome Patrick. I also get my grapes/juice/supplies from Gino Pinto. Where at the Jersey shore are you moving your operation to? Where will you get Italian grape products?
Betsy

Latest posts

Back