Greetings from the Heartland

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum. What wine are you making or hoping to make?

Welcome to the forum. What wine are you making or hoping to make?
I have made a few batches of strawberry, currently I have a grape/jalapeno in secondary and a chokeberry in primary. I am going to bottle some Stinging Nettle Beer this afternoon

I was hoping it wouldn't come across as off putting...I like to have fun and ferment stuff while things are growing

I was hoping it wouldn't come across as off putting...I like to have fun and ferment stuff while things are growing
Oh it’s not… you will find we like to have some fun here. Some more than others 🙄.

I have an abundance of hot peppers on the plants and will definitely add some to a small batch of sweet apple wine. Did you add the peppers before fermentation or after? I’ve heard about it being done both ways. Option 2 seems like it would be easier to control the heat level.

I have made a few batches of strawberry, currently I have a grape/jalapeno in secondary and a chokeberry in primary. I am going to bottle some Stinging Nettle Beer this afternoon
Fantastic! Which of your wines did you like most so far?

Oh it’s not… you will find we like to have some fun here. Some more than others 🙄.

I have an abundance of hot peppers on the plants and will definitely add some to a small batch of sweet apple wine. Did you add the peppers before fermentation or after? I’ve heard about it being done both ways. Option 2 seems like it would be easier to control the heat level.
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I added them prefermentation and think I would wait next time. It has turned out a tad bit hotter than I would like and way more than I expected. That being said, it still is turning out to be a good batch. I am adding Bendonite in the morning and plan on bottling in 10 days or so depending on clarity

Latest posts

Back