Greetings from the Green Mountains of Vermont

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green Mountains

Reaction score
Good day all,

Was a member of this forum for a short time well over a year ago but relocated our lives to Vermont and took some time off from wine making. Happy to say that we are well into it again.

Our first four kits are a year and a half in the bottle (well, what's left of them anyway) and truly delightful. We've tasted some of our mistakes (not degassing enough on one batch) and delighted in how well they improve when you exercise patience.

Just bottled: Barolo
Carboy: Tempernillo
Primary: White Zin
Still on the UPS truck: Chianti

Welcome back, what was your username before? I have taken over this site for Txbrew who used to run it but really didnt have time and I and my crew have worked hard to fix what fell apart in here. Maybe I can find some of your old posts and reinstate your #'s here.

GREEN MOUNTAINS WELCOME ! :b
My sister lives in Orange VT

Oh well, couldnt find it, if you think you can remember your old email addr pm it to me.

GREEN MOUNTAINS WELCOME ! :b
My sister lives in Orange VT

Orange, that's about 1.5 to 2 hours north of me. We're down by Okemo mountain. The snow's right around the corner. Time to hunker down by the fire with an open bottle or two.

Beautiful area, Okemo is where I used to go sking all the time until I hurt my back. I would love to still but afraid cause 1 wrong move now and I wont be making my mortgage. Loved eating at D.J.'s restaurant, cant remeber the name of the little breakfast store right net door that had the best dang pancakes around called Silver dollars.

Beautiful area, Okemo is where I used to go sking all the time until I hurt my back. I would love to still but afraid cause 1 wrong move now and I wont be making my mortgage. Loved eating at D.J.'s restaurant, cant remeber the name of the little breakfast store right net door that had the best dang pancakes around called Silver dollars.

Well it's getting to that time of year again. The skiers came to town for Thanksgiving but there was no snow.....hopefully next weekend. The town needs the traffic and money that the mountain brings.

Sorry to hear about your injury......wine making, much safer and much cheaper. I'll enjoy a tall and frosty one at DJ's for ya.

Welcome and glad to see your beautiful boxer i have one also , only 8 months old . I'm only new this wine making .

Tyson will be a year in December........very fiesty but a great dog. Kind to EVERYONE that he's ever encountered, adult and children alike. He says "HI".

Latest posts

Back