Greetings from Southern Maine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omaolain

Mead Maker
Reaction score
hello everyone. I'm Mason, a hobbyist mead maker currently residing in Southern Maine. I am currently in the process, along side my two business partners, of getting licensed to commercially produce and sell meads.

Our meadery is called sláinte! Original Meads. We have a focus on the not quite average mead flavors. For example the current test batch we have in fermentation is a metheglin that includes the main flavors of Chocolate, Peppermint and Lavender.

I hope to learn a lot on here from people with other skills and experience, and hopefully share some insight of my own along the way.

Hello Mason and welcome to the forum,

Your business venture sounds fun, how long has it been in the planning?

I've just bottled a gorseflower melomel , which I was quite pleased with once it was backsweetened.

If you care to share anything that is lavender based.. it's late spring/ early summer here and my lavender is in flower already. I made strawberry- lavender jam last year which came iout great.. thinking about doing a melomel based on those two flavours this year.

any thoughts on that combination appreciated.

Allie

Last edited:
Hi Mead Maker,
Mainecr here.....in Westbrook.
Are you local?
I've got two meads going. Orange blossom (Snow bird parents brought up the honey) and strawberry. Both are young...although yummy.

What types of mead will you be producing?

Welcome Mason. Ive made quite a few melomels and have a cyser fermenting as we speak. I havent done a staright mead yet but will be doing so very soon as the honey should be in the mail on its way to me which is GoldenRod. Do you have a website for this company you are endeavoring inas I would be ok with you posting it when your up and running or even checing out the prelim. Glad to have you aboard. How long have you been making mads and what does it take up there to do so?

Latest posts

Back