Greetings from PA Dutch Country

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traceyleezle

Junior
Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Tracey. I recently turned 30 and decided I needed to make homemade wine. My father made homemade wine for many, many years and I have some very fond memories and not so fond memories (the year the carboy full of dandelion wine broke in the basement near the wood stove) of his wine making en devours. I am planning on making quite a few country fruit wines as I live in an area densely populated with all kinds of fruit orchards. The sungold peaches are just coming into season, apricots should be next, followed by plums. I think my equipment will arrive too late for blueberries, but we shall see. I am also thinking of giving sumac a try.

I am a mother of a teenage daughter and a toddler son. We have crazy in our house like plaid on a Scotsman. I am a tree huggin' hippie mama who loves to knit, spin, sew, imbibe marvelous wine, coffee, and tea, and relax with my friends.

Welcome Traceyleezle,

U will find this forum very helpfull 100% from my side, as I have also learned many things from here. We have very good people with lots of experience and they can tell u every minute or big things. :D

Welcome mama :h :b

Welcome Tracey!
Funny you should talk about Peaches. I just started to make Peach wine today from fresh fruit.
You will find many here that make fruit (country) wines.
Do you have all of the equipment? What do you have.. that way we can advise you what you may need..

Morning Tracey,

Hello and welcome .. regarding the blueberries?... reorganise your freezer space..they don't take up a lot of room and freezing fruit before making wine out of them, really does help the process.

Allie

Morning Tracey,

Hello and welcome .. regarding the blueberries?... reorganise your freezer space..they don't take up a lot of room and freezing fruit before making wine out of them, really does help the process.

Allie

Thanks for the tip!

As per equipment...I just ordered a ton of stuff from Grapestompers. I will post the list in a bit. Baby, and sick hubby to put to bed first.

Welcome,
Alot of us make fruit wine and some of these folks have alot of experience. The search feature is helpfull. Recently started a blueberry and last week end a mulberry batch.
Steve

Welcome aboard. I was gonna mention what Allie did about those blueberries. Put them in the freezer. You ought to freeze just about every fruit before you make a wine from it.

Welcome aboard. I was gonna mention what Allie did about those blueberries. Put them in the freezer. You ought to freeze just about every fruit before you make a wine from it.
Interesting, thanks for the tip. What does the freezing do to the fruit?

Back