Greetings from NE Ohio USA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gathering everything needed to get into wine/mead making.

I stumbled upon this site looking for info on bottles for strawberry wine.

About us, I am a 65 year old city simi driver. I will leave my wife's age out of this........

We have what would be called a micro farm. We keep honey bees and grow fruit trees (still young) Blue berries (3 kinds) and 3 kinds of strawberries. The strawberries are Charlotte, ozark beauty and a mystery June bearing. The bed is 38'x 29' three rows of each type with 19 plants in each row.

We planted rhubarb this year and hope to harvest next fall. Strawberry/rhubarb wine then.

And of course mead.

We plan to run high alcohol content and then let people backed sweeten with honey to their taste.

The grapes are a long way from producing.

Oh, and chickens next year to control bugs around the bee hives.

I am an avid photographer (since I was 8 years old) so when the time is right you can expect photos.

That is it for now.

Have a great weekend,

Thunder.

Edit: We also have raspberries, black berries, goji berries, elderberries,
mint and a bunch of herbs and vegetables..... And of course watermelon :)
Welcome. I’m from NEO also. Kent area. Lots of good info and support here. Label Peelers and grape n granary as already posted are good local sources. Good luck with your wine and mead making!

Welcome to thenew Buckeyes here. I’m from Steubenville area. Another resource is LuvaBella in Boardman for supplies and juice buckets. Nice folks.
Joe

Welcome aboard! There are quite a few bee-keepers and mead makers here too... My family came from the Girard / Youngstown area. There is a lot of great information here and just as many very friendly folks. Looking forward to hearing what you're doing!
Thank you :)

Welcome! Label Peelers is in Ravenna, OH, so that's another resource.
Thank you, will check them out :)
Welcome to WMT
Thank you
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good information and answers to questions. Greetings from Kent.
Welcome. I’m from NEO also. Kent area. Lots of good info and support here. Label Peelers and grape n granary as already posted are good local sources. Good luck with your wine and mead making!
Welcome to thenew Buckeyes here. I’m from Steubenville area. Another resource is LuvaBella in Boardman for supplies and juice buckets. Nice folks.
Joe

Welcome to Winemaking Talk.

Due to the outbreak of avian flu, the Pennsylvania state apiarist has instructed regional inspectors to avoid inspecting colonies that are located on properties with chickens that are allowed to run free. If they must inspect those apiaries (American Foul Brood, queen and nuc producers) they have to suit up including boot coverings. At the end of the inspection they have to sanitize/sterilize their tools and wash their trucks paying special attention to the tires.

Good luck from a fellow beekeeper.

Last edited:
Welcome to Winemaking Talk.

Due to the outbreak of avian flu, the Pennsylvania state apiarist has instructed regional inspectors to avoid inspecting colonies that are located on properties with chickens that are allowed to run free. If they must inspect those apiaries (American Foul Brood, queen and nuc producers) they have to suit up including boot coverings. At the end of the inspection they have to sanitize/sterilize their tools and wash their trucks paying special attention to the tires.

Good luck from a fellow beekeeper.

Nothing scares me more than the thought of an outbreak of American foul brood.

Latest posts

Back