Greetings from Central California

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPCellars

A Donkey makes my wine
Reaction score
I just came across these forums and am always looking to improve. My name is Jim. I've been a huge fan of the Lodi wines for years and in 2018 made my first attempt and was shocked at the outcome (in a positive way). I just harvested some Pinot Noir and tomorrow morning will be going for the Cab Sauv. I look forward to reading and learning all that is offered in these forums. Hopefully, I will get to a point where I can help others as I progress.

Cheers!

Where are you getting your grapes. I currently live in Livermore.

I get my pinot from Manteca and my cab from Stockton. I can already hear the gears turning .... pinot in the central valley? lol
I get it all for free, so I can't complain. And, so far, they have turned out well.

I have ordered from Oak Barrel Winecraft in Berkeley a retail outlet in Berkeley. They crush and destem reds for you at an extra charge. Details at www.oakbarrel.com. Bay Wine Brokers is located in Livermore. Review the website for details at www.baywinebrokers.com. They are offering a discount for orders prior to September 1. They offer the option of machine harvested grapes which are destemmed so you get more berries per weight. I will try them this year, blending Sangiovese and Cabernet Sauvignon.

Back