Great wine website to take a look at

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
We all know there are a zillion web sites out there about wine. Heres one I came across that is really good. Tons of stuff in here. Instead of me taking the time to describe it take a look for your self. Lot of good info in here. Let me know what you think.

http://www.letsdowine.com/winemakinginfo.html

Troy

Hey Troy, thanks for sharing that site. I did enjoy it and saved it to my favorites. But the way I like your new avatar. It brings out your feminine side. :i

I live with three female cats, have to give them some recognition or risk my feet being attack while I sleeep!

Hey Troy,
And how did you hear of this site? U can PM me if you want. :i

Actually I was looking around for some non-important wine quotes and wine facts I could submit to the forum just for something of the beaten(stomping) path.

Why do you ask?

I'm just trying to find out how some can come up with some of these sites.

I was "googling" for "wine making facts or trivia" something like that. I think its a pretty good site. Gonna look through it more. I hope I can gain a little more knowledge that I can share with the rest of us.

I liked the site too. They are selling stuff, but at least they have some good fun info! Thanks arcticsid! Here is some trivia they don't have. I researched this so I can protest "religious reasons," if ever the Homeowner's association makes me pull out my vines:

Biblical Reasons for Planting a Vineyard

Found in the book of Exodus:
"10 And six years thou shalt sow thy land and shalt gather in the fruits thereof,
11 but the seventh year thou shalt let it rest and lie still, that the poor of thy people may eat; and what they leave the beasts of the field shall eat. In like manner thou shalt deal with thy vineyard and with thy olive trees."

Genesis 9:20 (King James Bible)
And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard:

Isaiah 25:6 (King James Version)
6And in this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.

Isaiah 5:2
2 And he fenced it, and gathered out the stones thereof, and planted it with the choicest vine, and built a tower in the midst of it, and also made a wine press therein: and he looked that it should bring forth grapes, and it brought forth wild grapes.

John 2:10 (King James Bible)
And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

Has anyone planted a vineyard and not begun to enjoy it? Let him go home, or he may die in battle and someone else enjoy it.
- Deuteronomy 20:6 (New International Version)

If you enter your neighbor's vineyard, you may eat all the grapes you want, but do not put any in your basket.
- Deuteronomy 23:24 (New International Version)

Deu 24:21 When thou gatherest the grapes of thy vineyard, thou shalt not glean [it] afterward: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.

Deu 23:24 When thou comest into thy neighbour's vineyard, then thou mayest eat grapes thy fill at thine own pleasure; but thou shalt not put [any] in thy vessel.

Gen 27:28 Therefore God give thee of the dew of heaven, and the fatness of the earth, and plenty of corn and wine:

Ecc 9:7 Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.

Proverbs 3:9-10
Honor the Lord from your wealth and from the first of all your produce;
so your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will overflow with new wine.

Judges 21:21 (King James bible)
And see, and, behold, if the daughters of Shiloh come out to dance in dances, then come ye out of the vineyards, and catch you every man his wife of the daughters of Shiloh, and go to the land of Benjamin.

Song of Solomon 7:12 (King James Bible)
Let us get up early to the vineyards; let us see if the vine flourish, whether the tender grape appear, and the pomegranates bud forth: there will I give thee my loves.

Ezekiel 28:26 (New International Version)
They will live there in safety and will build houses and plant vineyards; they will live in safety when I inflict punishment on all their neighbors who maligned them.

Cool, I seen those biblical references too! "GOD"-da love it!!! LOL

Good reasons butt, I doubt it will hold any water with H M A's (home owner association)

Religious Persecution

Good reasons butt, I doubt it will hold any water with H M A's (home owner association)

I have it all planned. Should the day come, they try to make me rip my vines out, I'll go to the local newspaper and my drinking congressman, and claim HOA guilty of religious persecution!!

Hopefully that day will NOT come.

We must be prepared for these things..........

Suzi

Cool Steve, I didn't look yet to see who they were or where they were from. I just thought it had some good info others might benefit from. haven't even looked at the retail end of any of it.

Spotted enough info on it though I thought I'd share it and hope someone else could get something from it.

The way I figure, if you can learn one new thing from looking at their site than you have gained.

Nothing wrong there.

Have you done business with them Steve?

Troy:

They are in a suburb of Buffalo NY. Bought a couple of things from them. The store owner seemed knowledgable about the kits he sold, didn't get into much else. He seemed to say that they did quite a bit of internet sales. There was certainly a stack of boxes awaiting the courier when we were there.

I liked the fact that he sold a few items that I have a hard time finding in Canada (already forgotten what they were). The store is fairly convenient for me to get to. We were going to head over there two weeks ago, but a nice snow storm kept us at home. I know of a family that ended up spending that night in Buffalo unscheduled, so I'm glad we stayed home. A family member wants us to take her grocery shopping in Buffalo, so maybe we'll get there soon. Plus I need to get to the Buffalo Bisons (AAA baseball) box office relatively soon.

Steve

Thanks for showing us this I will check it out more later btu I love the video section great for us beginners I do better watching then reading .

Latest posts

Back