WineXpert Great buy on WineXpert 10 L kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky

Chronologically Gifted Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a limited time, Label Peelers is offering a "buy one, get one" on WineXpert Vintner's Reserve 10 L kits. If you are interested you will have to act fast. Joeswine sometimes features these kits in his "Tweaking Cheaper Kits" thread. For example you can get two Cabernet Sauvignon's for about $49 each. Not a bad deal.

I did not really "need" more kits, but I can't resist a bargain and these smaller 10L kits give me the liberty to play around a bit and set aside some wine for blending experimentation. Thanks for the heads up.

They also don't seem to be charging for shipping today. I ordered the Eclipse Three Moons Cab-Sauv 18L Wine Kit with Skins and pre-ordered the LE19 Cape Blend 18L Wine Kit With Skins kit this evening and there was no charge for shipping on either order.

They also don't seem to be charging for shipping today. I ordered the Eclipse Three Moons Cab-Sauv 18L Wine Kit with Skins and pre-ordered the LE19 Cape Blend 18L Wine Kit With Skins kit this evening and there was no charge for shipping on either order.
Interesting - did you see shipping in the cart and then it didn't go through? Every kit I put in my cart shows shipping charges.

I definitely had shipping charges, but they seemed less than usual. Possibly because I have been buying the 18L kits lately and two 10L kits probably weigh about the same as one big kit. Still, for less than $120 I got 2 kits on the way which will yield 4 cases of wine after skinnying the ferments down to 5 gal for taste enhancement purposes. I've had the Vieux Chateau Du Roi on my wish list for a while. I'm excited to give it a go.

Just got the BOGO thru Label Peelers. I too couldn’t resist, but when I saw the $45.00 shipping charge I almost backed out. But that news isn’t as bad as what’s to come for you good folks... I will be blowing up this site with questions & concerns the minute these boxes arrive.

I ordered a Merlot Kit and a Cab kit. Also, a small bag of whiskey infused oak chips. Do I need to order yeast packets or if the kits contain the yeast, should I use them or try a different yeast on each kit? Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

I ordered a Merlot Kit and a Cab kit. Also, a small bag of whiskey infused oak chips. Do I need to order yeast packets or if the kits contain the yeast, should I use them or try a different yeast on each kit? Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

The kits come with yeast packets (usually EC-1118). You should not need to buy yeast unless you want a special variety.

In answer to some questions raised, the two kits I bought where the shipping posted at $0.00 when checking out were both 18L Eclipse kits. I had my choice of Priority Mail or Fedex at that free shipping rate.

It sounds from all of your experiences that I just got lucky.

Oh, did you pick one of the free shipping kits? I think on the Eclipse kits you have the choice of free shipping at full price or reduced price but you pay shipping g.

Oh, did you pick one of the free shipping kits? I think on the Eclipse kits you have the choice of free shipping at full price or reduced price but you pay shipping g.

No, I bought them at the discounted price. The cost of the kits was the same as a week before only this time when I did the shipping calculation, it came up zero. I thought that LP was running a special I hadn't heard about but apparently it was a fluke.

If it was an error, to their credit they honored the free shipping.

Latest posts

Back