WineXpert Great buy on WineXpert 10 L kits

Discussion in 'Kit Winemaking' started by Rocky, Nov 6, 2019.

Wine Making Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk by donating:

1. Nov 6, 2019 #1

Rocky

Rocky

Rocky

Chronologically Gifted Member WMT Supporter

For a limited time, Label Peelers is offering a "buy one, get one" on WineXpert Vintner's Reserve 10 L kits. If you are interested you will have to act fast. Joeswine sometimes features these kits in his "Tweaking Cheaper Kits" thread. For example you can get two Cabernet Sauvignon's for about $49 each. Not a bad deal.

2. Nov 6, 2019 #2

tjgaul

tjgaul

tjgaul

Carboy Addict WMT Supporter

I did not really "need" more kits, but I can't resist a bargain and these smaller 10L kits give me the liberty to play around a bit and set aside some wine for blending experimentation. Thanks for the heads up.

3. Nov 7, 2019 #3

rustbucket

rustbucket

rustbucket

Supporting Members WMT Supporter

They also don't seem to be charging for shipping today. I ordered the Eclipse Three Moons Cab-Sauv 18L Wine Kit with Skins and pre-ordered the LE19 Cape Blend 18L Wine Kit With Skins kit this evening and there was no charge for shipping on either order.

4. Nov 7, 2019 #4

Tatmia

Tatmia

Tatmia

Junior

Interesting - did you see shipping in the cart and then it didn't go through? Every kit I put in my cart shows shipping charges.

5. Nov 8, 2019 #5

tjgaul

tjgaul

tjgaul

I definitely had shipping charges, but they seemed less than usual. Possibly because I have been buying the 18L kits lately and two 10L kits probably weigh about the same as one big kit. Still, for less than $120 I got 2 kits on the way which will yield 4 cases of wine after skinnying the ferments down to 5 gal for taste enhancement purposes. I've had the Vieux Chateau Du Roi on my wish list for a while. I'm excited to give it a go.

6. Nov 8, 2019 #6

Mosiemoe

Mosiemoe

Mosiemoe

Junior

Just got the BOGO thru Label Peelers. I too couldn’t resist, but when I saw the $45.00 shipping charge I almost backed out. But that news isn’t as bad as what’s to come for you good folks... I will be blowing up this site with questions & concerns the minute these boxes arrive.

7. Nov 8, 2019 #7

Mosiemoe

Mosiemoe

Mosiemoe

Junior

I ordered a Merlot Kit and a Cab kit. Also, a small bag of whiskey infused oak chips. Do I need to order yeast packets or if the kits contain the yeast, should I use them or try a different yeast on each kit? Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

8. Nov 8, 2019 #8

tjgaul

tjgaul

tjgaul

The kits come with yeast packets (usually EC-1118). You should not need to buy yeast unless you want a special variety.

9. Nov 11, 2019 at 2:02 AM #9

rustbucket

rustbucket

rustbucket

In answer to some questions raised, the two kits I bought where the shipping posted at $0.00 when checking out were both 18L Eclipse kits. I had my choice of Priority Mail or Fedex at that free shipping rate.

It sounds from all of your experiences that I just got lucky.

10. Nov 11, 2019 at 2:37 AM #10

Tatmia

Tatmia

Tatmia

Junior

Oh, did you pick one of the free shipping kits? I think on the Eclipse kits you have the choice of free shipping at full price or reduced price but you pay shipping g.

11. Nov 11, 2019 at 4:02 PM #11

rustbucket

rustbucket

rustbucket

No, I bought them at the discounted price. The cost of the kits was the same as a week before only this time when I did the shipping calculation, it came up zero. I thought that LP was running a special I hadn't heard about but apparently it was a fluke.

If it was an error, to their credit they honored the free shipping.

Tatmia likes this.