Grapes Origin???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOOLIE

Junior
Reaction score
Many contests and State Fairs ask for appellation of grapes or juice. Is there a way to find out from kit mfg? My Petit Verdot comes from Australia. Where? Thanks, dave

I'm happy to see someone else has the same question! I was thinking about this earlier in the week and can't find any info on the box, literature or company website. Apart from calling the manufacturer, I'm curious if there is a way to figure this info out. It sure would be fun/helpful to know.

I'm happy to see someone else has the same question! I was thinking about this earlier in the week and can't find any info on the box, literature or company website. Apart from calling the manufacturer, I'm curious if there is a way to figure this info out. It sure would be fun/helpful to know.

If it comes from Australia and is in a wine kit you can be 99% certain it come from a GI called South Eastern Australia. This is a catchall GI covering about a third of Australia and at a guess about 90% of Australia's grape growing regions.
Look here (http://www.wine-searcher.com/regions-south+eastern+australia)
It is the area were wine labels like Yellow Tail etc come from.
In the premier growing areas like Barossa Valley, Claire Valley etc it is despairing called the bulk wine or cheap wine area.
Hope this helps you

Latest posts

Back