Grapes/Juice from France and Spain

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgentile

Still learning
Reaction score
I didn't look all that hard, but I can't find grapes and/or juice available anywhere anytime from France or Spain. Is that true? I can find some type of source for grapes or juice from almost all other major grape growing regions even from Australia.

Does France and Spain export grapes and juice? Haven't seen any from Greece or Portugal either.

I didn't look all that hard, but I can't find grapes and/or juice available anywhere anytime from France or Spain. Is that true? I can find some type of source for grapes or juice from almost all other major grape growing regions even from Australia.

Does France and Spain export grapes and juice? Haven't seen any from Greece or Portugal either.

I did grapes from Spain last year, Montsant to be specific, from the site Jim referenced above. Both of them, Tempranillo and the Merlot, are progressing very nicely, and currently in carboys waiting for barrel time. Charles at Grapemasters was very nice to work with and delivered a great product.

Don't know of anywhere to get grapes / must from France.....

@Boatboy24 and @Johnd, thanks, I also found Spanish must at Presque Isles after I posted this. Will take a look at grapemaster.com. Johnd I'm curious how you feel price-wise against quality, against locally available grapes or juice buckets? I would imagine the yield would be 15-20 bottle from 5gal of must. Per bottle cost from some of the musts would be $10+. I might be game if the quality is better than the grapes I can get locally at harvest time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back