Grapes for Sale - MO

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
St. Francios Vinyards - Bonne Terre, MO is harvesting the grapes on Labor Day weekend.

Chardonel brix reading was a little low 21.5 - 22.0 and the acid level was still a bit high 1.0. So they are not quite ready but will be come labor day.

Don't have any seyval readings yet - but should have them shortly.

They also grow good vines there too. Some of my vines and cuttings were bought from them.

No, not really from the immediate area. I'm 40 miles southwest of Chicago.

St. Francios Vinyards - Bonne Terre, MO is harvesting the grapes on Labor Day weekend.

Chardonel brix reading was a little low 21.5 - 22.0 and the acid level was still a bit high 1.0. So they are not quite ready but will be come labor day.

Don't have any seyval readings yet - but should have them shortly.

The seyval brix reading is a little behind - it was only at 19.

Yeah i am taking the day off - that gives me 4 days to pick, crush, press, start must.

Oh - i am an early bird BTW :h.

Yeah i am taking the day off - that gives me 4 days to pick, crush, press, start must.

Oh - i am an early bird BTW :h.

going sat. only gives me 2 days:(
is this a pic ur own? we have communicated by email that i am coming on that sat. and that we will talk about some vines, also, when i get there, but i haven't asked any details.
what grapes u taking home with u?

going sat. only gives me 2 days:(
is this a pic ur own? we have communicated by email that i am coming on that sat. and that we will talk about some vines, also, when i get there, but i haven't asked any details.
what grapes u taking home with u?

Yeah - pick your own $.60 per pound.

He will have the crates and harvesting tools for you when picking - you will just need to bring with you containers to take the grapes home in.

There will drinks available - not sure about food.

I am taking Chardonel and Seyval grapes home.

FYI

I just talked to St. Francois Vineyards - and they are picking some Chardonel grapes this weekend - they did well this year.

Seyval is still on schedule for labor day weekend.

FYI

I just talked to St. Francois Vineyards - and they are picking some Chardonel grapes this weekend - they did well this year.

Seyval is still on schedule for labor day weekend.

i think this is going to be a take what i can get kind of trip...
anyone have any seyval advice, lol...
have u done seyval before winemaker?

i think this is going to be a take what i can get kind of trip...
anyone have any seyval advice, lol...
have u done seyval before winemaker?

Nope - but have done a lot of reading up on it - grapeman i think makes it.

i know that you want the acid to be between .75 and .90 and starting SG around 1.095.

Nope - but have done a lot of reading up on it - grapeman i think makes it.

i know that you want the acid to be between .75 and .90 and starting SG around 1.095.
i had gotten some info on the s.g. (probably from u, heehee) but have not done my homework on acid/acid tests yet. have u used the acid test strips?

gotcha...will check with wineman on the seyval...i will post any info:)

just bought an acid test kit...i see more posts in my future, lol

I will attach the recipe and instructions that i am going to use for my seyval grapes tomorrow. I don't have the instructions on this PC.

Latest posts

Back