Grapes by mail

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received a bucket of Pinot noir grapes and upon inspection, looks like I was shiped already pressed grapes with stems and seeds. Pitched my yeast 3 days ago and have almost no juice— no cap yet fermentation is definitely happening. The quality of the must is subpar to that of winegrapesdirect.com and will be contacting you for a full refund.
I contacted grapesforwine.com today to explain my situation. They were incredibly responsive and explained that they try to process all buckets evenly but sometimes the must/ juice ratios can be off. They offered a full refund.

I just use Welch's 100% grape juice. 8 half gallons plus 3 cans of concentrate, added 5lbs sugar for an SG of 1.160.

I made some apple wine from concentrate and it tastes superb.

I too wondered about grapemust.com/grapesforwine.com, two different websites marketing the same product and using the same phone number. I tried calling, received a text telling me to ask questions by text or email, so I did. I wanted to know if it was a legitimate business. I wanted to know why he didn't tell us what vineyards he was using. And why the address on one of his websites leads to a gas station!

Well now I got a call back. Guy was a complete jerk! Got all defensive as if I was out of line asking such questions. He's not obligated to tell me his secret proprietary information! Hahahaha.

Last edited:
I too had a bad experience and will never buy form them again. Their prices are good but no support or back up etc. I never even got a call back

Yes thank you. Their communication skills and their transparency tell me that they are reputable. Being 4.5 hours away, I will manually pick up some product and give it a go. I, like others, wonder if $2X compared to kits makes it a good value. I intend to form my own opinion. And have fun doing it!

Back