Other Grapefruit zest

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iridium

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was reading the tweaking cheap kits thread and there was a recommendation for putting the zest of half a grapefruit into the secondary fermentation stage for Pinot Grigio kits. I would really like to try this however I am currently bulk aging my wine. I am two months into that process. Is it too late to add zest and if not how long should I let the zest sit in the wine before racking it off?

Thank you!

I was reading the tweaking cheap kits thread and there was a recommendation for putting the zest of half a grapefruit into the secondary fermentation stage for Pinot Grigio kits. I would really like to try this however I am currently bulk aging my wine. I am two months into that process. Is it too late to add zest and if not how long should I let the zest sit in the wine before racking it off?

Thank you!

Not too late, give it a month to give up the goods and you should be fine to rack on schedule (assuming you’re on the 3 month schedule)

Latest posts

Back