Grapefruit Wine ??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrzazz

Reaction score
I want to make a grapefruit wine. I've read the recipes on here. What does everyone think about using juice instead of the actual fruit? And how much per gallon?

I've made it multiple times...always from the juice of fresh fruit. Pulp is ok...just remove all the pith.

Sorbates could be an issue. Check the can...

M&D are snowbirds, so I pick, squeeze, and freeze for the trip home to Maine.

Works everytime.

I have always used juice myself. 5 gallon of juice and 5 lb of sucar. Mix for 3 days

I have a 3 gallon carboy of Grapefruit I recently finished. I think you have to really monitor the ph level or the acid will be off the chart. I adjusted up front and the acid level turned out fine. I was initially disappointed with the finished wine, but I back sweetened with a Ruby Red Grapefruit juice and that really set it off. I like the way it tastes now and I'm not a person that drinks Grapefruit juice.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

This is an old post and the fellow didn't let us know how it came out. If I was to try to make it, think I would use the skeeter pee recipe and sub grapefruit juice for the lemon. Would probably be the easy way, but if you want to know the easy way, ask the lazy guy. I always have people asking me questions. LOL, Arne.

Latest posts

Back