Grapefruit Wine Label

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiljoy

Reaction score
My mom brought a ton of grapefruit back from someone's tree in Florida, so I made wine . For the label, I tried to come up with something I thought indigenous to Florida. Here's what I came up with.

BTW anyone recognize the picture??

OBH.JPG

Missis Slocombe I presume ???
Are you being served ????

The blue color was due from bathing the hair in hydrogen peroxide. A well known phenomenon in the seventies. They bleached their hair with that and it turned blue.......

Luc

hehehe I love that label. that was a great tv series too.

also

can we have your grapefruit recipe for our recipe section please?

cheers Allie

I used Jack Keller's and modified it. I tossed in a bananna for a bit of body and used some OJ for a yeast starter.
When I tried it, it was really harsh and acidic. I knew better from reading these forums, but I panicked and sweetened it. It was supposed to be a dry, but I don't think it would have worked. It's still sitting in the jug to be bottled. I'll see how it turns out.

Classic, I love it!

Blue rinses were very fashionable with the grey haired crowd in the 70s mainly, there are still a few around but most not that extreme, they usually go for sutle shades of mauve and light pink grey.

I know this because I used to be a hairstylist and even had a couple of the rinse brigade as clients.

Nearly right on the way its done Luc, normally the ladies hair is naturally white already but some bleached it to get it light enough which was using the peroxide but the actual rinse stuff itself has none of that in it, its literally just a rinse of colour and washes out at the next wash. Hideous messy stuff :)

It was funny and hilarious but nevertheless eye catching.i think you can do well by adding varietals and other relevant information which normally are there in new world wines.

My Wines,My Passion:http://www.vivino.com

Great label! Living in S. Florida I can certainly relate.:h

Latest posts

Back