Grapefruit wine K-meta question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishonline

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have started my first batch of fruit wine and followed the recipe I have posted below. I made enough to have 5 gallons in the primary. I added 1/4 TSP of k-meta 24 hours prior to pitching the yeast. My question is do I add more k-meta when I sorbate and stabilize? I read that you need to add k-meta at the time of sorbate for the sorbate to be effective. I plan on back sweetening the wine a bit that is why I am adding sorbate. I'm just fearful that if I add more k-meta it will be too much.

6 Pink grapefruit
1 banana
About 2 lbs. sugar
Water to 1 gallon
½ C. orange juice
½ tsp. pectic enzyme
1/4 tsp. yeast hulls
Na-meta (About 1 Campden tablet)
Lavalin EC118 Champaign yeast

Hello everyone, I have started my first batch of fruit wine and followed the recipe I have posted below. I made enough to have 5 gallons in the primary. I added 1/4 TSP of k-meta 24 hours prior to pitching the yeast. My question is do I add more k-meta when I sorbate and stabilize? I read that you need to add k-meta at the time of sorbate for the sorbate to be effective. I plan on back sweetening the wine a bit that is why I am adding sorbate. I'm just fearful that if I add more k-meta it will be too much.

6 Pink grapefruit
1 banana
About 2 lbs. sugar
Water to 1 gallon
½ C. orange juice
½ tsp. pectic enzyme
1/4 tsp. yeast hulls
Na-meta (About 1 Campden tablet)
Lavalin EC118 Champaign yeast
yes....when it comes time to stabilize, you will be adding another 1/4 tsp....you are on track so far....:b

Back