Grape vine rh preference?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

efBobby

Reaction score
Amongst the cultivation information present I see little if any reference to humidity preference. Do they tolerate such a wide range of humidity that it isn't important?

Based off observation they seem to prefer it around 70-80%

Is that accurate?

quite the reverse high humidity conditions favor growth of mold of various types. fungicide spays need to be employed to keep in check .also proper trellising and summer pruning this is especially a problem with vinifera but hybrids have same problem

My thoughts about relative humidity are in line with @salcoco as well, high humidity presents a large set of challenges to manage. It would seem that a moderate to low level, not conducive to the myriad of diseases that flourish in humid environments, would be favorable. Though very low humidity can sap the moisture from your plants, proper water management would seem to be sufficient to keep them hydrated. I know @ibglowin grows in a very low humidity environment, he has very low disease pressure and his vines / leaves / grapes always look really healthy when he posts photos........

I'm not having any issues with mold/mildew just assessing a range to work in. As of now I have true natives but eventually I will end up with plants that need less winter

Back