Grape prices ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmityFlatts

Reaction score
For those of you who buy grapes for making wine, how much do you pay per pound for grapes? I assume it matters on the variety of grape, but if you have bought grapes how much did you pay per pound and for what kind of quantity and species?

I have never bought wine grapes, and hope to install a small vineyard and hoped to sell some grapes at some point to offset some cost. I could sell to a winery and be done with one sale, but would think I could get better pricing selling to small home wine makers.

Thanks,

I only buy juice, but it can vary between $4 and $20 a gallon. Very dependant on variety.

I purchased 100 lbs of lodi, CA barbera grapes for 50 dollars from an area grower with a good reputation.

I live by Madison WI and last fall I went to a small u-pick vineyard that sells grapes to area winemakers. They had like 12 different varities and the more lbs you bought the cheaper they became. I bought over 50 lbs. I thought I got a great deal. mitchell-vineyard.com

Illinois Appelation Grapes $800-$1800/ton based on type/quality.

AmityFlatts said:
For those of you who buy grapes for making wine, how much do you pay per pound for grapes? I assume it matters on the variety of grape, but if you have bought grapes how much did you pay per pound and for what kind of quantity and species?

I have never bought wine grapes, and hope to install a small vineyard and hoped to sell some grapes at some point to offset some cost. I could sell to a winery and be done with one sale, but would think I could get better pricing selling to small home wine makers.

Thanks,

0.20/lb for u-pick, 0.40/lb per-picked Concord
$1.00/lb bulk California grapes, delivered in a crate to Ohio.
$45/36lb box of California grapes, delivered to Ohio.

We don't get the deals y'all do....

Muscadines U-Pick $6/gallon
or at another place
Muscadines U-Pick $1.50/pound
(The $6 gallon is the better deal, since a gallon is about 5 pounds)

Norton U-Pick $1.50/pound
Concord U-Pick $1.50/pound
Blueberries U-Pick $8/gallon; they pick, $11

The Concord is actually the best deal there, since they do not willingly grow in such hot surroundings.

jswordy said:
We don't get the deals y'all do....

Muscadines U-Pick $6/gallon
or at another place
Muscadines U-Pick $1.50/pound
(The $6 gallon is the better deal, since a gallon is about 5 pounds)

Norton U-Pick $1.50/pound
Concord U-Pick $1.50/pound
Blueberries U-Pick $8/gallon; they pick, $11

The Concord is actually the best deal there, since they do not willingly grow in such hot surroundings.

I'm in Ohio, Concord grapes are pretty easy to come by.

Latest posts

Back