Grape packs

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AR324

Reaction score
I started wine making last September. I have done a few kits and some country wines. The results have ranged from ok to good.
I want to experiment with adding skins to a kit wine. I may buy some Merlot grapes for this. Should the skins be treated with metabisulfate prior to going in the primary. I was thinking of treating them 24 hours before using them. Any advice is appreciated.

I did a quick check and found this:

Premium Cabernet Sauvignon grape pomace from the Lodi American Viticultural Area (AVA) 2018 vintage. Grape pomace contains (skins, pulp, seeds, and stems) and up to 50 ppm potassium metabisulfite as a preservative.

I suspect SO2 is the norm, as the skins need to be preserved, so I doubt you want to add more. Look at the description of what you buy.

Premium Cabernet Sauvignon grape pomace from the Lodi American Viticultural Area (AVA) 2018 vintage. Grape pomace contains (skins, pulp, seeds, and stems) and up to 50 ppm potassium metabisulfite as a preservative.

I suspect SO2 is the norm, as the skins need to be preserved, so I doubt you want to add more. Look at the description of what you buy.

Thanks for the assist.

I did - finally called them when I could never get the website to load the item into the cart. They said they didn't have any and were unsure when they would have the all grape pack again.
:(
Thanks. Couldn't get their cart working either. Saves me the call. Looks like maybe a box of raisins or currants this year. Anyone experimented with Craisins? Cranberries, sugar and cherry concentrate. No sulfites

Attachments

• Craisins.jpg
    Craisins.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Kind of pricey after shipping. With the smaller spring lugs, how does that relate to usable volume? About the same, with the bonus of some fresh juice

Back