WineXpert grape pack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomije87

Junior
Reaction score
I've got 3 red WE VR kits aging right now (Chianti, Merlot, Cab Sav). I am interested in boosting the body and complexity of these batches. I will be oaking them this weekend, however, I've seen some people use grape packs to boost the flavor. Is this something I can do after ferm and stabilizing/clearing? Also, what are some good places to order grape packs (nothing local)?

after it's finished a grape pack wont help. The only thing to do now is to blend another finished wine.

These grape packs can be added at any time although unless you are adding many of them they will really only bost the tannins and body of the wine and also they conatin a small amount of sugar from the grapes depending on how they were produced. Some will bosst up the sugar quite considerably while others are almost nothing. The only ones I really see for sale at the moment are http://www.finevinewines.com/ProdCC12GP.asp

Can you describe these grape packs? How do you add them? Is is just some frozen grape skins you toss in during the primary? How much do you toss in, the whole grape pack, or does one pack do several batches? Sorry for all the questions, but this looks interesting to me.

Back