Grape killa here...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Made some wine as a yout'. Most of it ended up either exploding in my closet or was consumed in a state resembling mud. Started home brewing not long ago but da wife, she no likee da beer, so to maintain a karmic balance I need to keep her drunk as well, and she prefers wine. Well, I don't know that what she likes can technically be referred to as wine. Tastes to me more like Fanta grape soda with a touch of hooch (Manaschewitz is still a little dry to her "taste").

While attempting to provide adequate amounts of overly sweet swill for wife number last, I too enjoy vino, albeit a considerably more brut version. While her favorites would likely put me into diabetic shock I'm happier with a full bodied Shiraz, a Cab, or some nice Chianti.

What can I say... we're a perfect match. ;)

We also have a lot of fruit trees, brambles, bushes, and vines that we've been planting and tending over the last few years that are beginning to bear, and I can only eat but so much jelly, so wine making looks to be a growing part of our future. :b

Welcome, Guggenheim. Looks like you will always be doing two batches in parallel! ;)

Here is a picture for you, for what I hope are obvious reasons:

bilbao.jpg

Very clever Paul, I get it, "Guggenheim" has 10 letters just like "Arachnoids" has and there's a great bit Arachnid in front of that big funny looking ship... right?

Welcome aboard Crazy, look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Mike

Very clever Paul, I get it, "Guggenheim" has 10 letters just like "Arachnoids" has and there's a great bit Arachnid in front of that big funny looking ship... right?

Welcome aboard Crazy, look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Mike

Mike, you nailed it on the first try!

CrazyG, I particularly liked "Wife number last." :)

Yeah... past student of architecture who also loves Jackie Gleason. Go figure. Something about "One of these days Alice...!" ;)

Yeah, that's my own personal numbering system btw. Wife number first, and wife number last. Can't afford to keep cutting the pie in half, as well as paying the guy that does the cutting, so this is definitely number last. :(

As for parallel batches... no doubt. Wife number First was a classically trained French chef, so we used to drink a LOT of wine, but that was also a long time ago. Since then I had gravitated more and more to craft beers for my rather limited "regular" libation (maybe a whole six pack a month). Kinda worked out in the end since I have a bunch of reds that I had bought years ago, half assed cellared, and forgot about. Been sampling a bit more of late, but I can definitely see empty racks in my future since retirement has opened new vistas for imbibing. :i

Back