Grape Juice Wine Kit Help

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnblk

Junior
Reaction score
This past weekend i bought two six gal. plastic buckets of "Santa Clara Premium California Grape Juice" one PG white the other ruby cab. I asked the person I bought the juice from for yeast and he said the juice did not need yeast added and to "just let it cook" and that the juice would be wine in about 8 weeks. The buckets have built in pressure release ports on the covers to which I removed and added auto air locks.
I thought I would be able to find additional info on the internet but cannot.
Has anyone heard of these kits? What do I need to do????

Thank You
Rick

I have not but fresh juice only comes out this time a year. I found this for you
http://www.americanwinegrape.com/instructions.htm
I would use dry yeast as the "old timers" want the wild yeast to take over. I use dry yeast. Remove the lid and lay on top for the primary. When gravity reaches 1.015 rack to a carboy

Thank You Tom, is it ok that the juice has been at room temp for about 3 days???

The longer its at room temp the faster the wild yeast will take over. Get yeast in today.
Take the lid OFF and lay on top. The yeast needs more oxygen for it to work

jnblk:

Many juice pails come pre-inoculated with wine yeast. Perhaps yours did.

Steve

Thanks to all who helped.

Thank You all,

I've racked the juice tonight for the second time, (following insturctions), sg was .999, taste was good..... will keep you posted....

Latest posts

Back