Grape flour

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tekatee

Junior
Reaction score
Has anyone used grape flour as an additive to the Must?
As found on Amazon: "Cabernet Sauvignon Wine Flour/Wine Powder made 100% from Grape Skins and Seeds grown in NY Wine Region- Gluten Free Flour Rich in Antioxidants, Protein & Fiber- Use to Add Flavor, Nutrition and Color"

It seems interesting but as a new wine maker, I would like to see if anyone has experimented.
Thanks in advance for your reply

This sounds like something marketing would ask me to make a demo of in the pilot plant. I have seen wonderful demos as snack chips filled with powder limestone, ,,, which has no calories, ,,, but was kinda dry dry/ soaking the moisture out of the mouth.

Practically speaking if this flour has seeds in it there is a risk of astringent flavor.

Has anyone used grape flour as an additive to the Must?
As found on Amazon: "Cabernet Sauvignon Wine Flour/Wine Powder made 100% from Grape Skins and Seeds grown in NY Wine Region- Gluten Free Flour Rich in Antioxidants, Protein & Fiber- Use to Add Flavor, Nutrition and Color"

It seems interesting but as a new wine maker, I would like to see if anyone has experimented.
Thanks in advance for your reply
You realize that it is intended for use in food, not wine, right? The one I found on the Canadian Amazon site claims “It’s a naturally gluten-free superfood, rich in antioxidants, protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals.” It’s ingredients are: spray-dried wine & maltodextrin as a carrier, period. I already get lots of that supperfood, without the maltodextrin. Haha.

Sounds like they are trying to sell what is left over POST fermentation. They are probably all used up flavor wise. I'd ask for clarification.

You could pack it into a 5gallon bucket and send it to me lol! Not kidding. I have a use for pomace and it’s pretty well protected for sealed storage with the acidity and some alcohol content.

Cheers,
Johann

Latest posts

Back