Grape Concentrate Additive?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maestro

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
We are getting ready to start a cherry wine and the recipe we are using calls for a little bit of grape concentrate be added to the mix. What grape concentrate do you think this is? Just frozen concentrate from the grocery store or the expensive wine grape concentrate? Just wonderin' to be sure. Thanks.

ditto. use the frozen kind that doesn't have sorbate in it (the frozen ones *usually* don't have sorbate)

TreeTop is what I used for a frozen juice wine and it turned out alright. cheaper than welches.

I have done exactly that, using the frozen grape concentrate. I am going to make it again...

I keep these bottles in the fridge and ue a whol bottle on a 6 gallon batch. Use white on light fruit wines and red on darker fruit wines. I almost always make a 6 gallon batch so never have any left over after using it but as long as you fridge it it should hold for a month or more after opening if in the fridge.

Latest posts

Back