RJ Spagnols Grand Cru rocket fuel

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddrod

Reaction score
A friend of mine (brand new wine maker) Had a Grand Cru International series kit given to him. He did not even read the instruction and thought that the juice was a concentrate. So, He made the kit just like he made a previous wine from juice concentrate and added 12 lbs of sugar to the juice and fermented it. He now realizes his mistake after I explained it to him.

So, my question is, what would be the best way to dilute this down to a more drinkable product. Dilute with water? Blend with some dry type wine?

The kit he had was the Grand Cru Brunello International series.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

wow!! I'm curious if you know what the SG reading was when he pitched the yeast.
I might guess that the yeast may die off before the alcohol gets too high, but I'd see what the experts would suggest.

He did not take a SG at pitching. He did tell me the finished wine is very sweet. I asked him to take a SG on the finished wine.

Hard to believe you could get yeast to start up with that high of SG! It would be very interesting to see where it started and finished if that info is available. Water is just going to thin out the taste as well as the alcohol. Perhaps a few bottles of low ABV Italian red wine would help preserve the flavor and lower the overall ABV a bit.

you could always break it down to smaller batches and make some different fruit F-pacs to add to it and just experiment with it.

Back