RJ Spagnols Grand Cru Pinot Gris

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
001.jpg

Hey guys, I'm glad to hear that this is a very nice wine. I just put this kit in the primary a couple of days ago. It's fermenting like crazy right now. Very excited about this one. Is there any tips to get the best possible results? Should I mix up the yeast a few times while it is in the primary or just let it do its thing? Also this kit comes with and Oak Infusion pack. I'm not a huge fan of oaky wine. Would it be ok to remove it after 4 or 5 days or will that change the intended results?

Thanks

If you dont like oak dont use it. I dont think I would use it in this kit. You dont have to stir the yeast up unless you want it to ferment dry and are having a problem doing so.

The kit's been aging for a bit now. Will bottle in a couple of weeks (hopefully I find the motivation to delabel some bottles HAHAHA!). This stuff is crystal clear and no sediment on the bottom of the carboy at all after two rackings.

I just racked this from the primary to carboy. Even after just 24 hours its amazing how clear it has become. I really look forward to this wine

Hey guys. So I did something and not sure if I should have or not. It has been 3 weeks since I started my "Grand Cru Pinot Gris". Everything is going A+ so far. I don't plan on any real bulk aging with this kit (maybe 2-4 weeks extra in the carboy). Anyways to get to my point, been 3 weeks, 1 week since racking and stabilizing from primary to carboy. I racked the wine off the Lees to the primary, then back into the clean carboy again and degassed a bit. Should I have waited the 28 days recommended before doing this? Is there any advantage to leaving it on the Lees?

I did a taste test, and it was very good.

For this kit, not really. If you rack it off the gross lees, that's a given thing to do. Aging surlees (on the fine lees) is said to add to the taste in some wines.
It's not necessary.

I bottled this about a month ago and tasted it over the past weekend. Wow, this will be made again for sure. A very impressive Pinot Gris to say the least.

There is one big problem there Dan, I don't know if this wine will make that far, haha. I'll have to hide a case from my wife (and myself)

I just put down Grand Cru Sauvignon Blanc. Anyone try this before? If it is half as good as the Pinot Gris, I'll be very happy :sm

Latest posts

Back