RJ Spagnols Grand Cru Pinot Gris

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xanxer82

Reaction score
Just pitched the yeast for a Pinot Gris.
SG was 1.090 temp at 70F.
Must tasted great.
Can't wait until it's bubbling away!
Anyone else make this kit?

This was one of our first kits....bottled March 24th, 2008. It was good after a few months, really good after 9 months......WONDERFUL last night.

We have two bottles left........ gift them or drink them? Hmmmmmmm.

This was one of our first kits....bottled March 24th, 2008. It was good after a few months, really good after 9 months......WONDERFUL last night.

We have two bottles left........ gift them or drink them? Hmmmmmmm.

Drink them of course :D

I'm not sure if i can get the RJS brand here.. will ask next time I'm in the HBS.

I only have homemade cider going at present.. two empty secondaries staring at me.

I only have homemade cider going at present.. two empty secondaries staring at me.
I've got two full and four empty carboys in my wine making area. But two primaries in action, so two of the empties will be full before the week is out.

Might have to hide the other two.

Steve

I started this kit this passed weekend as per alot of positive feedback. Fermenting like an animal as we speak!::

It's clearing now and looks amazing.
Going to rack and top up in a couple of days.

So it's been a few days since stabilizing and it is already so clear! I'll get a pic up as soon as I can get to it.
Racking sometime this week. I plan on filtering in a few more weeks.

Well I checked my sg this morning and it's at 1.099 already. I just pitched the yeast last Sat so in 6 day's I'm at secondary already? I want to follow this kit to the letter and the instructions do say approx 14 days. Is this possible to happen this fast or should I sit tight and leave it in primary a little longer? Thanks

It's happenening about how it's supposed to. Temperature and the strength of that particular batch of yeast and other factors can affect the exact time.
Next week You should be able to rack to secondary. :) Just keep that hydrometer clean and sanitized.

Well, I bottled this kit last night. It was perfectly clear, and tasted AMAZING for such a young wine. My wife said it already tastes better than Cavit Pino Grigio! I guess there are good things to come. I will try to attach a pic of the finished product with my label! :b

DSCN0466.jpg

The Pinot is sparkling clear. Topped it up the other night.
Will put a pic up later.

Back