Govee Cellar Thermometer with WiFi

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Really liking the Govee Thermometer with Wifi. The data tab will show you your temp and humidity for the day, the week, the month and even the year. This is one of the best things I have purchased for the winery in a while. As you can see its been cold the last month in these parts!

1643997560897.png

My cellar is at the very back (walled off portion) of my garage. The Govee is hooked up to Wifi so if you can get a Wifi signal down there (assuming you have wifi) it should work. It's nice to be able to check temps in the Summer time when out of town since I have to use a window AC unit for our short but warm at times Summers. There is heat in the winery as well but I keep it mostly shut off in the Winter trying to keep the temps at ~55F for as long as I can which is usually 6 mo on average. Summer temps are more like 62F with the AC and right now my average annual temp (have not had the Govee for a full year yet are running 59 but I suspect that will continue to drop until late Spring.

1644005757908.png

Now that’s a wine room! When the addition gets built I’ll have one of those 🙏 but I think I’ll keep bottle storage in the “wine cave”.

I doubt I can get a WiFi signal in the cellar. I just have a max-min temp and humidity meter that I check weekly. I do heat the cellar in the winter. Hoping I can stick with Passive in the summer.

My cellar is at the very back (walled off portion) of my garage. The Govee is hooked up to Wifi so if you can get a Wifi signal down there (assuming you have wifi) it should work. It's nice to be able to check temps in the Summer time when out of town since I have to use a window AC unit for our short but warm at times Summers. There is heat in the winery as well but I keep it mostly shut off in the Winter trying to keep the temps at ~55F for as long as I can which is usually 6 mo on average. Summer temps are more like 62F with the AC and right now my average annual temp (have not had the Govee for a full year yet are running 59 but I suspect that will continue to drop until late Spring.

View attachment 84227
WOW! I can see you have a problem. Some friends of mine (and I) offer a FREE wine removal service. Just let me know if you're interested. (Nice setup!)

Latest posts

Back