Gotta Love MoreWine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
I ordered 4 cases of bottles yesterday at 11:30. They were delivered at 8:42 this morning. :db

Total, delivered cost was about $1.47/bottle.

Wow, pretty cheap. I'm in Central West NJ and checked out the same and it came in much higher. One day deal?

Wow, pretty cheap. I'm in Central West NJ and checked out the same and it came in much higher. One day deal?

Don't think so. I was surprised at the shipping cost though - $15.58. I was originally looking at only 3 cases. But when I buy bottles, I always 'experiment' with the quantity to get the most bang for the buck on shipping. It was only $2 more to ship that 4th case. Jumping to 5 cases though increased shipping by over $10, IIRC.

This is the bottle I ordered: https://morewinemaking.com/products/wine-bottles-750-ml-antique-green-claret-punted-case-12.html

If you are in central NJ and depending on how many bottles you need, I would consider making a run up to Corrado's. I have been getting bottle from them this season for under $12/case. I might be worth the drive.

Thanks for posting this. I've been looking for 375ml bottles for my new port. My local store charges $66 before tax for 48 bottles, MoreWine would be $64.31 to the door. Thanks for the tip. Postage has always driven the price up too high to shop for bottles on line before, but this is a good deal.

Boatboy - I played around out of curiousity and you are right. They have a sweet spot at about 3-4 cases. Over that it jumps quickly. I'm very new to winemaking (actually just started a month or two ago), but yea I agree from what I've found online typically shipping on the best deals just about cancels out with what you can get at a store all things factored in. I saw some decent deals as well with LP as well where you were buying 10+ cases but it was getting more to that 12-16/case range we see online.

John T - I have been wanting to check out Corrado's as I've read on them a bit here and online, I believe they sell fresh juice around this time of the year so have been wanting to reach out when I'm in that area.

I quickly become obsessed with new hobbies and research them to death -- the best deal I found for someone really taking this on if you can find a few people is to get a pallet. I believe bottles were around $6/case wholesale but you have to buy a pallet (~96 cases). They have a place a little bit away into PA, but you'd want to really split that up between a few people. Right now I have the 3 kits I've started (one clearing - going to do another rack and degas this weekend then let it bulk age a bit, one in secondary and one in primary), but going to try to let them bulk age and put off buying bottles until I cannot wait any longer (which will likely be when I start more and am between going to store for bottles or buying more 6g glass carboys)

Since moving to Wellsboro, PA last year I've no close-by LHBS. This has pretty much forced me to do most of my shopping online. [There is a small store in Wellsboro that does cary a few wine and beer brewing products but not 100th of what my LHBS in CT carried.] I've bought stuff from Morewine, including 4 cases of bottles; the fact that they shipped to me from their Pittsburgh warehouse and Wellsboro is not that far away I've paid reasonable shipping fees and very fast 1-2 day delivery. I also buy from a number of our online vendors but always wait for a sale promotion.

BTW, when living in CT my LHBS was about a 20 mile drive from home. So figure about $20.00 wear and tear, etc. on the car if making a trip just for the hobby.

If you are in central NJ and depending on how many bottles you need, I would consider making a run up to Corrado's. I have been getting bottle from them this season for under $12/case. I might be worth the drive.
Another reason I need to make drive to Corrados!

Only caution I have using MoreWine is that if they have all your products in stock in Pittsburgh except one, they will ship from both the California site and the Pittsburgh site and you get charged double the shipping. Fell for that once, never again. If it isn't in stock in Pittsburgh, I don't order it unless it is the only item I'm ordering.

You can do the same if you are in the West or Midwest, just make sure it's all in stock in California. Not sure where it comes from for someone like @Johnd , think they should open up a Cajun outlet to cover the Gulf States.

FYI...

"Two Fullfillment Warehouses = Faster Delivery To Your Door!
In order to have the fastest transit times in the industry we ship from two Warehouses, one in California and and one in Pennsylvannia."

Fedex-ground-map(2day).png

MoreWine is the best option for me living in rural northern CA. I try to wait until I have more than $50 worth of products and get the free shipping. Works great when I order wine kits because they get here basically overnight. The free shipping option doesn't apply to bottles unfortunately.

I have to laugh (and this appears to totally be USPS's fault, not MoreWine). I made a last minute order yesterday of some Lallzyme EX, as I'd just realized I forgot it in my last order. Was supposed to arrive today. It left PA yesterday afternoon, arriving near Baltimore last night, then later in Dulles, VA (a few short miles from here). All is well, right? It'll hit my local post office first thing in the morning, then be on my mail carrier's truck for delivery this afternoon. Well, um, no. It then went to Greensboro, NC. Hmmm...

Good news is, it left Greensboro this afternoon. Hopefully, on its way back here, but you never know with USPS...

I aint trying to side track your post ,, but I'd like to ask a question of you, them dark green bottles are just like i have been buying, to help guard from light, but i have been looking at some cobalt blue bottles, as long as it has a deep rich heavy color is their more to that, that i should know,
, would the blues fair closely to protect from light, I have gotten to the point that i would like a few different colors, mainly for cosmetics , I try keeping up by reading old post, and the ones that intrigue me, I put on my follow list,
and this could Easley be a moronic question, yet here i is asking, any incites from those with more experience about the pro's and con's between dark green and dark brown, against like a very richly color like cobalt blue
i tend to buy my bottles from labelpleelers.com
thank you for your time
Dawg

I ordered 4 cases of bottles yesterday at 11:30. They were delivered at 8:42 this morning. :db

Total, delivered cost was about $1.47/bottle.

I think you're right, Dawg. Any dark colored bottle would do. I'm not sure if blue would be any better or worse than green or brown, but they would all offer some protection. From what I've seen, the blue bottles can be expensive.

Latest posts

Back