Got The Itch…

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hummm... I've never tasted rocket fuel! :a1
It's probably the CO2 in the wine and its young age that is contributing to the rocket fuel alcohol taste. I made a batch of Guava wine once. It ended in the 18% area. At first It was quite alcoholly tasting (harsh rocket fuel). I let it age and eventually bottled it and stored the bottles away. I didn't think it would get any better, so I left it along. 2 years later, big difference. It was smooth,and easy to drink. Unfortuanely, People were getting drunk on about 6 ounces of it. They stated added mixers to it.

Those look great! Hey when do the plumeria bloom over there? I’m getting my hopes up for a plumeria wine this year.
How many you need ? Should I dehydrate them for you ?
Even with 3 day mail, they would probably be quite brown When they get to NY. We can try.

maybe it I pick the whole stem and wrap it in wet paper towel ?

you can catch one of those $33 flights on allegiant to Punta Gorda…

image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
The straight mango still had a hard taste to it. A little strong. So I backsweetenEd a bit.
the blush mango in the picture above was the same batch but I added a little strawberry daiquiri mix early on in bulk aging. It gave it a nice orange color and tamed the sharp / hard taste down.
im hoping the straight mango improves a little more over the next day or 2.
it will stay in bulk u til I can see an improvement.

i think it was a case of more is not always better. I used 8 lbs of mango for 2 gallons, and only a little white grape juice and water.

The one gallon batch I made earlier on I only used about 2.5 lbs of mango and a lot more water. It tasted really nice with minor Backsweetening.

i will repeat that early batch later this summer when mangoes ripen.

It may seem logical to add more fruit for more flavor but I've read that the wine may have to age a lot longer in order to be "good".
This makes sense, as the more that's put into a grape wine, e.g., aging on oak, the longer it generally takes to age.

It all comes back to the "p" word!

Home from cool upstate NY visit. The passion fruit wine I brought with me (my first) got great reviews. I was especially proud of the great bouquet it delivered and smooth taste. More of that coming this year. First, lawn hasn’t been mowed in 10 days. In Fla during rainy season, that’s a lot of grass to mow. (Bermuda Grass wine Dave ?). Got one or two early mango drops, some frozen bananas, maybe a banana, mango, passion fruit blend ? Tropical Storm ? AND I Have to buy “sugar, more sugar”

1655119008277.jpeg

Latest posts

Back