Got The Itch…

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1.080 this morning. Have to punch it down 3 times a day.
this one turned out about 50% fruit. Along with a jug of Welches white and an equal amount of water

I’m thinking about what to start next. Have to check out the store for cranberries.
i hate having to buy fruit. It’s so easy when you already have it.

SG 1.002
going to mash the remaining must up to expose fully to the ferment, with the aim of moving to secondary perhaps tomorrow.
🥭😋🥭😋

and then….. I won’t have anything in primary. 😞

thinking another version of coconut.

edit: mashed the remaining mango must, stirred it up. Actively working. I don’t know how much more this will ferment. 1.000

Last edited:
.996 this morning
into secondary it goes.
i added some maraschino cherries to one gallon hoping the small amount of Red #40 might give it a light blush tint.

Only a few ounces left for topping off. I might have to use some extra loquat for topping off.
7391D85D-0F8F-4BBF-BD28-A1174ABAE416.jpeg
EVERY carboy I have is in use right now.

time to go shopping.

I hope you took care of the carboy situation. Stress isn't good for heart, they say.

Speaking of color. Me and my crazy ideas.
I plan on starting a pineapple-strawberry next week. My red cabbage wine (disappointingly) doesn't taste like cabbage but has the most incredible deep red color. I plan to use a nut bag with a cup or two of shredded red cabbage to pull out the color. I'll keep it in the primary a day or two.

I hope you took care of the carboy situation. Stress isn't good for heart, they say.

Speaking of color. Me and my crazy ideas.
I plan on starting a pineapple-strawberry next week. My red cabbage wine (disappointingly) doesn't taste like cabbage but has the most incredible deep red color. I plan to use a nut bag with a cup or two of shredded red cabbage to pull out the color. I'll keep it in the primary a day or two.
I really thought wine that tastes like cabbage would be yummy. Gotta fix that.

That looks fantastic, definitely going to make me some Mango wine! I'll jot that down in my wine journal!

Oh boy. Shouldnt have tasted wine before grocery shopping. Wife said get a bag of flour. Of course the sugar was next to the flour so I got sugar also. (You can never have enough on hand) and then when I went by the frozen fruit aisle I saw 2 pound bags of 4 fruit medley…..

yup. i figure I’ll make some lemon/lime skeeter blood or something. I had to move all the frozen lemon and lime juice in the freezer when I was getting mango out recently. “Let’s get racookin”

now I’m eyeing the gallon plastic jar with the squirrel‘s peanuts in it on the front porch for a carboy….😕

if I add some mango I can have 5 fruit dragon pee.

Today was moving wine day.

Dragon Pee (4 berry blend, frozen mango, lime juice, more frozen blueberries, a few fresh strawberries) was racked to secondary. 2 1/4 gallons

mango racked first time after secondary. 0.990 strong alcohol taste. PH right around 3.4

and Loquat. I took it out looked at it in the light and agreed to let it take it’s sweet time for now. But it does taste quite nice. Long term this could be a winner.

Coconut ? Didn't bother it. I think a light Backsweetening soon and just bottle it In the near future
. 86BBB1A0-1CAD-4734-BC39-6228CE57AD12.jpeg

and there WILL be passion fruit wine this summer.
80740C95-F73F-4FE8-8BE8-E306166C1C55.jpeg

The 8 pounds of frozen mango batch is clearing nicely. Tasted like rocket fuel. Checked SG and was .0.990. Maybe 0.989

It’s about 15.2 ABV. good for shining stainless steel. So it got backsweetened and sent back to the closet to age.

The 8 pounds of frozen mango batch is clearing nicely. Tasted like rocket fuel. Checked SG and was .0.990. Maybe 0.989

It’s about 15.2 ABV. good for shining stainless steel. So it got backsweetened and sent back to the closet to age.
Hummm... I've never tasted rocket fuel! :a1

Latest posts

Back