Got the BIG freezer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montanaWineGuy

Reaction score
A freebie, for dragging it out of this woman's home. :db

Now what to put in it? Yesterday I picked 3 five gallon buckets (about 90 bottles of wine) of Apples for spring wine making. Lots and lots of space. Today another 3 five gallon buckets. O'Boy!!! :h

Chokecherries thrive here. I'm just too skeptical to bother with them. Too acidic...

Guy at the gun club says he used to make about twenty gallons every year and kept the carboys under his cabin (in Montana). Said it took a good year to be drinkable and was best at three. This guy knows his wine, cigars, and shotguns.

Give it a try!

montana... You're apple wine came out way darker than mine. Did you process or tweak with something to get it that dark?

What is the pink/purple on top of those two corks?

chokecherries

Chokecherries thrive here. I'm just too skeptical to bother with them. Too acidic...

You might be mistaking astringency/tannic acid for an acid (sour) flavor. I can eat them right off the bush and don't find them sour. But they are quite astringent, giving a dry feel in the mouth.

Quote: astringent, giving a dry feel in the mouth.

Think - puckering your mouth up - Tried some of our grapes a little too early this summer - Noticed how 'firm and green the grape felt then chomp then - Whoa!

Latest posts

Back