WineXpert Got my first Riesling kit yesterday

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
try to ferment in cool area ith ambient about 60-65deg F. helps keep in aromatics. first let it start and normal temp then cool down to desired temp will take longer to ferment but it will be better wine.

Anyone do any mods on this one or just let it rip? It’ll be a few weeks before I can start it due to carboy space.

View attachment 53054
I'm actually starting this same kit either Sunday or early next week. I'm planning on fermenting it at 60 degrees ambient temp. I'll also be starting a Eclipse Marlborough Sauv Blanc, an En Primeur Pinot Grigio and my recently purchased CC Amarone (I read somewhere to ferment the Amarone at a lower temp). Looking for ideas also if anyone wants to pass them on...

The Sauvignon Blanc is pretty excellent by simply following the instructions (but excluding the EC-1118). Some suggest adding a little grapefruit zest to the secondary, or tartaric acid to give it a bit more zing.

If you can get colder then 60 go for it, currently doing a Gerwurtz, 24hrs at 72 to let the yeast start then racked to carboy and into the cellar at 50. It has been chugging away for 4 weeks a bubble every minute or so. Will check sg this weekend but suspect 2-3 more weeks to ferment dry.

Boatboy24, how is the Riesling coming along? I’m a huge Riesling fan and was thinking about ordering this kit soon. Being still winter it be a perfect time to start this kit.

Boatboy24, how is the Riesling coming along? I’m a huge Riesling fan and was thinking about ordering this kit soon. Being still winter it be a perfect time to start this kit.

Haven't started it yet. I've got some carboys to empty first.

Latest posts

Back