got a big thumbs up from the wife

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wood1954

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I brought out my fresh triple berry port wine last night for the world series and gave my wife a glass without telling her what it was and she said it was really good. So my first success. She was pretty tepid with the Welch's concord grape and cranberry wine i made as my first batch.

Ahhhhh, now you have the clearance to get more stuff!!!! LOL Its all down hill for the bank account now!!!!

LOL - Some things are true, regardless of culture. I get all sorts of looks :tz when I commandeer the kitchen for a night of wineing (or whineing). But man can she drink the stuff :d. The fun starts when she has a sip of my wine and does the requisite head-shaking :slp :re but every so often I sneakily do a double-blind test on her, with a glass of Yarra Valley Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc, and a glass of my home-made fruit wine "Honeeeey, have a sip of these 2, and tell me which of these you prefer to drink tonight?" she picks mine as the best everytime :), and that's when I justify my commandeering :gb of the kitchen.

Last edited:
Too funny! I agree that after 8 it's harder to keep track of numbers though... go for it!

Debbie

Good deal there. Now keep sneaking carboys in slowly. After eight she'll quit counting and you can pick up the pace.

Whoa.. I have 6 now and 2 to go.

I told my wife and she laughed. My in-laws are avid garage buyers and sellers and they are responsible for acquiring me 4 of the 6 for me.

I typically like the 72 hour rule. If the spouse doesn't notice it in 72 hours, your in the clear. What happens if after 72 hours the spouse notices? One can easily say, "Oh that? I have had that for a long time."

Last edited:
Good deal there. Now keep sneaking carboys in slowly. After eight she'll quit counting and you can pick up the pace.

These are true words! I have 12 now and the wife has quit asking how many I have. I need to get three more or bottle something soon.

I just need to get my room in the basement fixed up then the wife will never know how many I got because she doesn't go down there unless she has to

Latest posts

Back