Goodmorning

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joseph

Joseph
Reaction score
thanks for the warm welcome. tom, st allie, mmadmikes, wade, leanne.
Snowed here yesterday. so i guess my wine making is over till next spring
this year i made 10 gal of rainere cherry wine form the 6 trees it back of house it has been racked 4 times now, going to bottle this comming march when i get back from NY.also made concord grape wine this October,it's in sec.racking old vine growing on the rock fence about a 100 years old now.
Got 200# of grapes . crushed by hand but did not use plup just the juice got 25 gals wanted to try to make a blush .its a blush, this coming spring
i will make apercot, peach. necterine. and what other fruit i can find
here. Will be needing all the input you all can give me have a large cellar
around 40'x50' can make lots of racks.
BEST to ALL
Joseph

Morning Joseph,

Just a suggestion..

You can always make mead over winter..Honey is available all year round..

we don't want you going into withdrawal, looking at all your empty primaries!

:p

Allie

hello to you as well Joseph, and welcome to WMT. Sounds like you have some great wines going on, I hope this forum can show some things to help you make the best you can.

(PS, I am looking at (put neer), I think thats a Texan word, at -30F tonight, so you will be hard pressed to make me care about your snow!! LOL, all in fun my friend.
I hope you stay around long enough to get alot of the techniques, recipes, and procedures that some of the more senior winemakers have to share.

Alot of great people in here who wanna share, all you have to do is ask.

Cheers to you,
Troy

Last edited:
allie have never made mead before but would like to try kewe.
joseph

Lot of people inhere who make Mead Joe, hoope you can find what you want. Bunch or recipes dealing with mead. There is a recipe in here called ancient orange mead, can't find the link off habd, i hope someone will send you the link, this might be a way to start.
Troy

Mead. Necter of the Gods. So many things you can do with it.
There is a whole section here dedicated to it. Do have a good read. I make mead regularly and it is a symphony of flavours.

hehehehhe

he means 'kiwifruit"

btw Joseph.. I made kiwifruit melomel this year.. ( fruit and honey).. the jury is still out on what the end result will be.. apparently it needs a couple of years cellaring..

I've got it bottled now.. just leaving it in a corner and forgetting about it.

Allie

hehehehhe

he means 'kiwifruit"

btw Joseph.. I made kiwifruit melomel this year.. ( fruit and honey).. the jury is still out on what the end result will be.. apparently it needs a couple of years cellaring..

I've got it bottled now.. just leaving it in a corner and forgetting about it.

Allie
speaking of letting things set.. When i frist started making wine not to long ago i was looking for more carboys a friend of mine made wine along time ago too. s=So i called him and asked if he still had his carboys he said he had got ride of them a couple days later he called me said he had one left down in his basment. but it was dirty had been setting there for some years
for some of my cherrys he would bring it over .i said fine but you have to pick them .any wayi got the carboy have full of something all shaken up and black
i asked him what was in there he said he was trying to make apercot wine but it took a long time to clear, so he forgot it in the basment.so i took the air lock off and took a smell. ''OOHH'' i said that dosent smell that bad
better let it settle for awile,after six or seven days i looked at it again
not bad took a wine theif and tasted .the clinic was just three miles away
YA MAN that is smooooooove, the next day i called my friend back asked how long that had set in his basment, he said he would have to think for awile . about two hours later i get a call form him he said he started 28 years ago.
true. And i have 3 bottels i had four but lost the cork came out. i dident do anything to it just bottled it.
Joseph

Amazing Joseph..

It kind of throws technology in the face to hear it wasn't sulphited every 3 months.

.. and that you didn't die a slow agonising death for trying to drink it.

Allie

Thats amazing Joseph. Wa just posted a thread regarding some wine someone had that was like 20 yrs old.

Thats amazing Joseph. Wa just posted a thread regarding some wine someone had that was like 20 yrs old.

good afternoon yah true story
But in hast to bottle i did not do anything to the wine maby i should added some sulphites what do you all think should ipull the corks or leave it alone ???
Joseph

Latest posts

Back